Mr. Ekpe Ferdinand U.
POLICE RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT
The Department is structured into two  Divisions as follows:
- Appointment and Recruitment; and
- Retirement and Gazetting.
- Recruitment of Police Constables;
- Appointment of Cadet ASPs and Inspectors for training in the Police Academy;
- Appointment of Specialists in the Police such as; Medical Doctors, Veterinary Doctors, Technicians, etc;
- Security check of recruited candidates in the NPF;
- Checking the validity and correctness of personnel data of candidates;
- Processing of applications for retirement;
- Gazetting of appointment and retirement of Police Officers;
- Maintaining up-to-date Nominal Roll of members of the NPF and Personnel Audit;
- Processing of Appeals and Petitions relating to retirement;
- Administering polygraph test on candidates;
- Distributing Appointment Letters to Cadets in Training;
- Preparing periodic reports of the Department;
- Preparing Annual Departmental Budget;
- Serving as Secretariat to the Recruitment Board;
- Formulation of Procedures relating to Recruitment to the Commission; and,
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Permanent Secretary/Secretary to the Commission.